Postponed - 50th Anniversary Symposium Wed/Thu 1-2 Sep
Due to the current Covid-19 lockdown, unknown timing of alert level changes, and because we would prefer a face-to-face celebration of 50 years of the Society, the Agronomy Society Council took the decision on 25 Aug to postpone the 50th Anniversary symposium scheduled for next week (Wednesday/Thursday 1-2 Sep).
The Symposium will be postponed until April 2022 (dates to be confirmed shortly). A message will be sent out to sponsors, registrants & members on Thu 26 Aug.
Applications are now open for the 2012 Student Travel Award to attend the Agronomy Society’s annual conference. The event is being held co-jointly with the ‘Seeds – Realising their Potential’ Symposium at Lincoln University, Canterbury, November 20-22, 2012.
The award will be up to a maximum of $ 1,000. The Council may split the award between two or more applicants if merited.
To be eligible applicants must:
- Be (or become) a member of the Agronomy Society of New Zealand.
- Have had their paper accepted for presentation at the conference.
- Be supported by their University Supervisor or Head of Department.
- Use the award for travel, accommodation, registration or other conference-related expenses.
- Complete the application form and send it to the ASNZ Secretary by October 11, 2012
The ASNZ Council will consider these applications based on scientific merit and notify all applicants of their decision by October 19.
For further details please contact Paul Johnstone (Secretary@agronomysociety.org.nz)
Posted: Fri 21 Sep 2012